24 March, 2013

I'm now the proud owner of a PS3

My girlfriend's DVD player stopped reading discs a few weeks back. We thought that buying and using one of those lens cleaning discs would have done the trick. Problem is that since then, the tray of the DVD player has stopped opening when the eject button is pushed, so we are unable to load the lens cleaning disc. This means makes the problem a little more complicated.

Since we'd been talking of upgrading the DVD player to a Blu-ray player for some time, I decided to spoil Em, and buy her a PlayStation 3 to replace her decrepit DVD player. OK, that's a bit of a lie. I bought a PS3 as an upgrade to a Blu-ray player, and so that I could play games.

A local supermarket chain had a discount of R1000* off the price for the 160GB PS3 bundle that included a second DualShock 3 controller, and the following three games; Gran Turismo 5: Academy EditionGod of War III, and Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction.

So far I've only played GT5 for a couple of hours, unlocking four cars, and reaching level 5 in the A-spec mode. I think I'll wait until I've played GoW I & II before starting GoW III. In the meantime I'm already looking for some deals to purchase in order to expand my library of games. I'm considering purchasing Borderlands 2Need for Speed: Most Wanted and possibly Batman: Arkham City. Given the price of games, and that I may not spend that much time playing, we'll have to see how many of these titles I end up acquiring.

--
* R1000 is roughly equivalent to USD107, or EUR83.

No comments:

Post a Comment