02 August, 2013

Interview with Abe Cunningham of Deftones

It's just a few more days until Deftones play their first gig in South Africa. While I'm a bit bleak that I wont be seeing them at Oppikoppi, I am pretty stoked I'll get to see one of my favourite bands, perform live in my home-town.

Rolling Stone South Africa have interviewed band member Abe Cunningham as part of the lead up to Deftones two performances.

Cunningham shared some insight into what we can expect in terms of the set lists, and the bands approach to recording new material. Rumours of the possible future release of Eros, the unfinished album recorded in 2008, were put to rest.

Show times for the three bands were announced yesterday, but today One Night in Cape Town have added the disclaimer "Line up subject to change." I'm seriously hoping that this doesn't mean that one of the acts has pulled out, unless it's Yellowcard. I'm probably going to go buy beer and t-shirts during their set anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment