01 September, 2014

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel to get a season pass

In a recent post I mentioned that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is one of the few games coming out towards the end of the year that I have considered pre-ordering. One of the reasons I haven't placed a pre-order just yet is because I'm waiting to see if there are any collector's editions announced that may contain physical content. The reason I've been considering pre-ordering the game is for the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit challenge map incentive.

Now with the recent announcement of four DLC packs, and a season pass for the game, as well as the news that the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit will be "available for purchase at a later date," according to 2K, there is less motivation pre-order the game. Yes, pre-ordering will save me a few bucks, but nor pre-ordering will allow me to see some reviews before parting with my cash. 


Furthermore, it seems that there will be additional content available through playing Tales from the Borderlands, which is being developed by Telltale Games. So to get the maximum experience out of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, one actually needs to purchase the base game, the season pass, and a game from another development studio. 

On the plus side, it was also announced that the once "old gen. exclusive," may well get a current gen. release if there is enough of a demand for it. So while Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is being developed for older systems, there is some thought going into the process of making the jump to newer hardware.

I'm still pretty excited about the game, but I'm beginning to get a little less excited about the idea of pre-ordering it. Most of the DLC from the previous Borderlands titles has been incredible, but I still don't like the idea of a season pass, whereby you pay for something that hasn't even been fully thought out.

No comments:

Post a Comment