12 September, 2013

Need for Speed Rivals vehicle personalisation trailer

Some of you may already have seen the Need for Speed Rivals game play trailer showcasing the personalisation feature. If you haven't, you should watch it below before you carry on reading.


Right, now that your up to speed (see what I did there?), we can carry on with the post. That awesome song you just heard, it's called Troublemaker and was created by local producer Heazer, and one of the most underrated rappers this side of Jupiter, Tumi Molekane. Listen to the full track below.



I'm not sure whether to get excited about this next instalment in the Need for Speed franchise or not. Reason being the impending release of the PlayStation 4. You see, I bought a PlayStation 2 copy of Need for Speed ProStreet, a game that was clearly developed for the PlayStation 3. A lot of the features that had gotten me interested in playing the game were completely omitted from the PS2 edition. Despite this, and the lack of free roam, I enjoyed the overall gaming experience. But I knew it could have been better, and even upon completion I was still left feeling as though I had only played half the game. I'm worried the same sort of thing will happen with this release; the game will be good, but will have nothing on the gaming experience offered by the PS4 version.

Perhaps I'll get a copy of Need for Speed ProStreet for PS3 and wait to see what the reviewers have to say about this addition to the family. Alternatively I could hold out in hope of an HD release of the original Need for Speed Most Wanted, because that's really the PS2 game that I want to enjoy replaying on my PS3.

No comments:

Post a Comment