09 September, 2013

Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition unveiled


In May I hosted a little poll to see which was was the preferred first person shooter (FPS) between BioShock Infinite, Borderlands 2, and Far Cry 3. The result was less than spectacular (with absolutely no votes being cast) and in the end I resolved the matter by picking up a copy of Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (amongst other titles). 

I've spent a lot of my free time the last few weekends playing Borderlands (to the extent that I haven't even given the console version of Diablo III a go yet, but that's also partly due to the fact that I still have four more quests of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction to complete), and had already started making plans to buy the Deluxe Vault Hunter's Edition of the sequel. 

Now that Gearbox Software has announced a Game of the Year (GotY) Edition release of Borderlands 2, I will almost certainly get myself a copy, once I've finished the original Borderlands and each of its four downloadable content (DLC) packs. With the international release date set for 11 October, that gives me just short of a month to find the vault and achieve level 61 status in Borderlands

In the mean time, here's a look at what the Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition will contain:
  • Borderlands 2 (Main Game)
  • Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
  • Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
  • Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
  • Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
  • Creature Slaughter Dome
  • Premiere Club Content
    • Gaige, the Mechromancer character class
    • Gearbox gun pack
    • Golden Key
    • Vault Hunter's Relic
  • Krieg, the Psycho character class
  • Collector's Edition heads and skins
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter's Upgrade Pack 1

It looks as though the new Borderlands 2 bundle won't include the recently released Ultimate Vault hunter's Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challange, nor was there any mention of being granted early access to future releases, such as the Headhunter packs that are due out before the end of the year. 

Regarding the PlayStation 3 version, I'm particularly interested to know if the previous DLC will be included on a disc, or if it will need to be downloaded. If it's the latter, it may be worth me waiting a month or two after the release to see if it is re-issued, in much the same way as the Borderlands: GotY Edition. Either way, this is at the top of my list of games to get right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment