11 March, 2014

The Evolution of Multiplayer


I read about Evolve a few weeks back, and thought it had an interesting gameplay concept. I then pretty much forgot about the game, because it looked to be a multiplayer orientated, "next-generation" exclusive, which put me off. This was mostly due to the fact that I tend not to play online multiplayer games; I haven't even played Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer online,* which is what the game is essentially built for. 

Over the weekend however I picked up a postcard advertising Evolve, which showed that the game would be released for PC too. I headed over to the game's website to confirm, and ended up watching the official trailer (below), and the gameplay trailer (here). My interest in the game was instantly rekindled. 


While I'm unlikely to be able to afford the upgrade to the PlayStation 4 any time soon, I may be able to afford  upgrading my PC. Since my PC actually has an internet connection,* it means I'd be able to play online multiplayer too. That is assuming that I wont have to upgrade too many components in my PC. After some additional thought, I figured I could upgrade my PC, plug it into my TV, buy the yet to be confirmed "deluxe edition" of the game, and buy a Windows compatible controller, all for less than the price of a "next gen." console. This would allow me to play Evolve from the comfort of the same couch, and on the same TV, as I would have if I were to buy a PS4.

I may actually buy the controller sooner than the 'July-September 2014' release date of Evolve, so that I can test it out playing my PC copy of Darksiders.

--
* My PlayStation 3 lives at my fiancée's house, and she doesn't have an internet connection. We are however looking into getting that amended so that I can play Borderlands and CoD: Ghosts online. I mean so that we can watch YouTube videos together of adorable cats doing cute things.

No comments:

Post a Comment