04 April, 2014

The sound of Alien: Isolation

Today I have some news to share about Alien: Isolation, a game I'm looking cautiously looking forward to. It is set for release on the same day as Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, 7 October 2014. This means quite a few folks interested in both games, but who can only afford one (like me), will have to choose which of these two titles they want to play in October.

Here's a video of the behind the scenes of creating the sound effects, and score for the Alien: Isolation. What I really like is that all the original sound recordings have been made available to the team, including some of the original musicians who performed Jerry Goldsmith's original 1979 score. The 'pre-alpha' gameplay looks astounding too.


After watching the behind the scenes videos on the Alien: Isolation YouTube account, I think I am swaying towards getting this over Shadow of Mordor. Worried that this may be another Aliens: Colonial Marines type, movie tie-in cash-grab? Then watch this video that explains why Alien: Isolation shouldn't be as disappointing as it's predecessor.


No comments:

Post a Comment