02 June, 2014

Sonic Highways - Fall 2014



By the far the studio album I am most looking forward hearing this year is the eighth offering from the Foo Fighters. Even more exciting is the decision to record the album at various studios around the United States, document the recording process, and then turn it into the HBO TV series, Sonic Highways!


Unlike Sound City, Sonic Highways will share more of the stories of the musicians, and the music scenes that influenced them while living in cities renowned for their impact on global music trends. in Grohl's own words, "a love letter to the history of American music."


The series will run for eight episodes, with each episode centring around a new location. These are rumoured to be Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Seattle, and Washington D.C. 

Chicago, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles are high on my list of "places to go," and New York is at the top of my "places to go again" list, so those are the episodes I'm looking forward to. In all honesty though, I reckon the entire series will be worth watching, and I'll definitely be asking my (future) family in the States to get this for me on Blu-ray once it's been released.

No comments:

Post a Comment