27 June, 2013

Deftones and Yellowcard in Cape Town


A few weeks after the news that Deftones will be one of the headline acts at Oppikoppi, it has been confirmed that Deftones will perform a show in Cape Town on 8 August. One Night in Cape Town will also feature Yellowcard and other local acts, still to be announced.

I'm still hoping to make it to Oppikoppi: BewilderBeast with Em in August, but if that plan doesn't work out, I'll travel back to Cape Town just to catch Deftones live. I recently saw Chevelle at the Grand West Arena, and while the band themselves put on a spectacular show, the crowd and atmosphere in the venue were a little dull for my liking. I'd much rather try get to the outdoor festival, which should be packed with people in the mood to party and amped for the music. Let's see what happens after I get back from Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment