31 October, 2013

I ordered Call of Duty: Ghosts


I finally gave in and ordered the Call of Duty: Ghosts (Hardened Edition). I realised that I had a gift voucher from one of the retailers offering pre-orders, for a similar value as the difference in price between the regular edition, and the Hardened Edition. So I'm getting a CoD: Ghosts collector's edition, but only paying the price of the regular edition. Score!
Contents of the Hardened Edition

While there aren't a lot of physical goodies in the Hardened Edition, it does include quite a few digital items, including a season pass. Hopefully having a season pass to CoD: Ghosts, will help motivate me to fianlly getting around to connecting my PS3 to the internet. Then I'll not only be able download all the extra stuff (not just for CoD: Ghosts, but for several others titles too), but also play CoD: Ghosts online, as that seems to be where all the fun is to be had.

I haven't played any of the other CoD titles, so this will be my first experience with the series. I wont lie, I'm really looking forward to playing the underdogs in the single player campaign, as well as seeing what all the fuss is about the franchise. I'd also like to see if all the smack-talk from the Battlefield fan-boys is really warranted, although I haven't played Battlefield yet either. If I like enjoy playing CoD: Ghosts, then I reckon it was money well spent, and the Battlefield guys are wrong, if I don't enjoy the game, then I'll know to stay away from both franchises and rather stick to Borderlands for my first person shooter fix

Lastly, in case you are still unsure of whether to pre-order the game, here's single player campaign trailer. And watch those 'south of the equator' comments, I'm from south of the equator...

No comments:

Post a Comment