27 October, 2013

Will you survive the Extinction?

I happened to be looking at pre-order offers for Call of Duty: Ghosts when I came across an Instagram video from the CoD development team. On the right is the image from the video that caught my attention.

My initial thought was that this 'ghost mask' looked a lot like a chimera from the Resistance series. Turns out that there has been a much rumoured 'Extinction mode,' which as a result of the video, updated profile pictures on Facebook, and an album of screen shots (WARNING: here be potential spoilers!), now seems to be confirmed.

Extinction looks to be Infinity Ward's answer to Treyarch's hugely popular 'Zombies' mode from the Black Ops story arc.

I was considering giving Ghosts a miss, but after this 'announcement,' and after re-watching the multiplayer videos, I may reconsider that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment