21 February, 2013

Exclusive clip from 'The Lords of Salem"


Entertainment Weekly is hosting an exclusive video clip from Rob Zombies fourth film, The Lords of Salem. While there are a couple of folks saying that Zombie is a "terrible fimmaker [sic]," Regardless, I for one am actually looking forward to the release of this film. While it may not be released in cinemas in South Africa, it is sure to reach the shelves of the local DVD rental shop.

From the short blurb on the Entertainment Weekly site, it sounds as though this film might just have a few more elements of a psychological thriller, as opposed to being a straight up shock horror, gore fest like the previous films directed by Zombie I've watched. That said House of 1000 corpses and The devil's rejects are still two of my favourite horror films, simply because they don't come across as trying overly hard to be serious and scary. I'd consider them to be light-hearted horror, because the story lines and gore are so over the top, they couldn't possibly be real. And that's what I love about Rob Zombie's films, as unreal as they are, I can still sit and watch them over, and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment